Thursday, December 10, 2009

We want the fat Santa..

We took Jack to see Santa yesterday, it was perfect timing because the only person in line in front of us was a 20-something who wanted a pic with Santa. I thought Jack would either be A: scared to death of the big man in the suit or B: be super excited. He was neither. Santa made a moderate effort to ask Jack what he wants for Christmas but in typical Jack style when he isn't sure of someone he just ignored him and even closed his eyes at one point and pretended he wasn't there. I'll take that over a "I'm terrified of Santa" tantrum. I was a little disappointed that Santa wasn't more authentic this year.. with all the obesity problems in America I would think it wouldn't be too hard to find an appropriately rotund Santa. All in all it was very uneventful but I think we'll start a picture with Santa tradition (we did it last year too) Jace is less then thrilled about this idea, because of his job he sees old men whose job it is for kids to sit in their lap and he immediately thinks its criminal. Oh well, its Christmas and we can't have Christmas without Santa!

2 comments:

Lynley and Levi said...

I think Santa was very authentic!! His beard is real, He's a bigger guy, and he sure looks jolly to me! And Jack....gosh, I have the coolest nephew. Its funny to look at the pics from last year to Jack's pic on Santa-- he's grown up!!

Stephie said...

Oh my goodness Jack is HUGE!!! I cant believe how big he has gotten since I last saw him...although I guess it was almost a year ago! HA...and ps I am totally with Jace on the whole Santa thing...its creepy! :)